During this global health crisis, as we work and learn from home, we are thinking about how best we can support our community of educators, parents, and students. While we are physically isolated, we also have the potential to create new alliances and solidarity. Throughout the next month, we will be offering new ways to engage with our stories and resources, as well as with each other.
Weekly Meeting on Zoom
Every Monday from 3pm-3:30/PT, join us for a weekly call to share resources, ask questions, and connect.
Weekly Online Events with Our Storytellers
On Thursdays at 11am/PT, we will host a live discussion and Q&A with our filmmakers, photographers, and writers. Students can watch our short films in advance and join the discussion. Stay tuned through our newsletter.
- Wednesday, March 25th at 5pm/PDT— Free webinar "Teaching and Learning from the Heart in Troubled Times" during Share My Lesson's annual virtual conference. Join our executive director, Cleary Vaughan-Lee and Rabbi Dr. Ariel Burger, author, artist, and former teaching assistant to Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel. How might we nurture moral courage in ourselves today during a planetary crisis? Resources will be shared and along with an in-depth Q&A. For more information and to register.
- Thursday, March 26th at 11am/PT—Join filmmaker Emmanuel Vaughan-Lee who will discuss and share his experience in making the film Earthrise. Use the Earthrise discussion guide to provide a historical and environmental context of the Earthrise photograph and to share discussion topics with your students. An in-depth Q&A with Emmanuel will take place during this live event. Earthrise is accessible for all ages. For those who were unable to attend the live event you can watch it here.
- Thursday, April 2nd at 11am/PT— Join filmmaker Kalyanee Mam who will discuss the making of Lost World. Register for this free event.
- Thursday, April 9th at 11am/PT— Join filmmaker Adam Loften who will discuss the making of Welcome to Canada. Register for this free event.
- Thursday, April 16th at 11am/PT— Join filmmaker Jeremy Seifert who will discuss the making of The Church Forests of Ethiopia. Register for this free event.
We hope you can join us for these events. If you have suggestions for future events, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you and learning with you in these days and months ahead.